Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Upcycled Home Decor

Hi there,

I am back with an upcycled project. The monthly challenge of Graphic45 as well as 'More Than Words' Monthly challenge were perfect for me to create this project.

Today I am sharing how I upcycled a cake base. I had kept this base for a long time to create a wall hanging or try out a Mixed media project, and this challenge was an opportunity to get me going.

I had the 'Nature's sketch book' paper pack, and this was the chance to fussy cut and I was on a spree of cutting butterflies. Who doesn't love butterflies and I couldn't stop myself. :) You will see for yourself in my final project.

This is the before pic..


The final pic...



Few close up shots....










and finally I added a stand at the back...


and my show piece is ready!!



Most of the paper used are scraps - the black cardstock used to cover edges, the chip board for making stand and the strips of pattern paper. A lot of fussy cutting from various G45 papers, hand made flowers, pearls and rhinestones and chipboards finished the project.

Hope you liked my creation. Linking this to the following challenge:

More Than Words - April Challenge.



Thank you for dropping by. Till next time - Happy crafting!

Gayatri

16 comments:

  1. Awesome work. Great creativity and it brings out lot of color and it is also appealing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is amazing! I adore your briht colours and your fussy-cutting was worth it! So glad you could join us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on our challenge this month at MTW! Definitely feel the nature vibe here! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Absolutely love the quote you used and the feel of Spring! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow so beautiful project! Thank you for playing with us at MTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words this month 😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Media layout

 Hello, Today I am sharing my DT inspiration post for Splashymix Challenges. I have made a layout measuring 8"x 8". The mood board...