Monday, April 9, 2018

Monochrome CAS card


Hello everyone,

I am here with my first post as DT for Itsy Bitsy.  Super happy to be here and be part of this team. So let me jump  right away into my project that I want to share today.

I have made a card using the clear acrylic stamps from Itsybitsy. I have used the stamp set 'Corners and Sentiments'. Absolutely gorgeous and elegant design.

  • For this card I took an A4 size white cardstock from Itsybitsy and cut it lengthwise to get a piece measuring 4 1/8 " x 11". I scored it at 5.5 " to get a top fold card.
  • From the remaining strip I cut two pieces - one around 1/8" less than the base card and the other 1/4" less than the base card.
  • The larger piece I inked the edges with Olive green pigment ink. This pigment ink from Itsybitsy is quite juicy and spreads smoothly and quite well.
  • When you layer the panels it should leave a small border all around.
  • On the smaller piece I stamped  images using the stamps from 'Corners and Sentiments' with the Olive Green ink. Pigment inks take time to dry so we can heat emboss them easily. I heat embossed the stamped image with clear embossing powder.




  • The Clear embossing powder from Itsy bitsy is of amazing quality and gives a thick embossed effect .
  • I took a small strip of cardstock and inked it with Olive green ink . On another thinner strip I applied watermark clear stamp pad and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.
  • Here is strip with gold embossing. I coated it twice for a better coverage. The effect is amazing!
  • I arranged the panels for a dry run before sticking them down.

  • I stamped the sentiment with same ink and layered it on a piece of cardstock inked with the green ink. I mounted the sentiment on foam tape for dimension.

  • Here is another picture of the final card.


Hope you like my card.  Thank you for stopping by. Cheers!

Materials used:


Clear Stamp


Card stock
Till next time - Happy paper crafting!!

Gayatri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media layout

 Hello, Today I am sharing my DT inspiration post for Splashymix Challenges. I have made a layout measuring 8"x 8". The mood board...