It measures 4" x 4" and I made it out of a single 12" x 12" card stock. You can make this for birthday/ anniversary/ or any occasion with few pictures of cherished moments.
I have used 'Vintage Frame' die for cutting frames for photos and the flowers are made with the flower dies in the set.
So without much ado, let me get into how you can make this.
- Take 12" x 12" cardstock and score at 4" and 8" on one side. Rotate it 90 degrees and score at 4" and 4.25" , and 8.25" and 8.5"
- Cut the quarter inch flaps on both sides as shown in the picture.
- You will end up with the sheet looking like the one in the picture below. Fold and burnish all the fold lines well.
- Cut alternate flaps to around 1. 75" so as to make pockets.
- From the cut scrap pieces, make four 1" wide pieces. score and fold at .5" . The pieces should slightly less than the pocket height. Stick these to the pocket flaps.
- Cut the two side flaps of the top fold which will be less than 4". This will be the flap cover.
- Stick the side flaps to the base to make pockets.
- You can shape the cover flap in any way you want.
- Decorate with pattern paper and other embellishments.
- I have used the Vintage Frame die, which gives a perfect frame for photos.
Here is a video of the project:
- Check my itsybitsy blog post here
Hope you like my project. Till next time - Happy Crafting!!
Post a Comment