Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Victorian Window card

Hello,

Today I am sharing a card I made for Itsybitsy DT post. I have used their recently launched 'Thin Cut Dies'.

Here I have a card using the beautiful die - 'Victorian Window'



Here is a step-wise description on how I made it:
  • I prepared a square card base measuring 5.75" x 5.75". I took another card panel and trimmed it about 1/8 of an inch smaller.
  • I cut several pieces of the window, so as to create a 3 dimensional effect. I used washi tape to hold the die in position.


  • I made an out line of where I have to cut the opening for the window  on the panel, and cut it with a craft knife.

  • I used the brick stencil  and distress inks, to give a wall effect. I mixed two colors to get a stone wall effect.

  • I distress colored a piece of card stock with - Mowed Lawn, Pickled Raspberry and Dusty Concord Distress inks and die cut leaves and flowers with the dies in the set.

  • I created a curtain for the window with organza ribbon which I had in my stash.
  • I assembled the flowers and leaves on the panel and adhered it to the card base.

  • I splattered some brown and white paint to finish the card.
Here are the final pictures of my project:





Hope you liked my card. Check for Itsybitsy Challenge #16. Waiting to see your wonderful creations.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!!

Gayatri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media layout

 Hello, Today I am sharing my DT inspiration post for Splashymix Challenges. I have made a layout measuring 8"x 8". The mood board...