Saturday, October 8, 2016

Quilled Name Board

Hi there,

Today I want to walk you through a quilled name board I did recently. I entered crafting world with quilling and absolutely love it. It is time taking but a great stress buster too.

For the name board, I used cardstock - Fabriano Elle Erre and 180 gsm colored paper to get a gradient or ombre effect.



I took a print out of the name and fussy cut each letter. Stuck the letters onto a 12 x 12 thick cardstock and outlined each with 5 mm white cardstock strip.

 
Filled up the space with 5mm strips of different colored CS. I included a dolphin, ball, butterfly, flower, sunrise and a car to add interest to the background.


Added the details of the baby with pictures and finished the board with small mdf corner embellishments.



Framed the whole board and it was ready to be shipped.


The whole project took about a week, but then I was not working continuously. Enjoyed doing this. I am sharing two more name boards I had done previously.




Painted the Ariel scene and then did the quilling work. 


Hope you liked my creations. Do drop your valuable comments and suggestions.

Till next time, Happy crafting!

Gayatri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Media layout

 Hello, Today I am sharing my DT inspiration post for Splashymix Challenges. I have made a layout measuring 8"x 8". The mood board...